While tidying my PCs wires and cables inside, I exclaimed that you should be able to buy the cables for the components in different lengths and designs. I have a lot of spare cables and useless Molex connections hanging around.
For Example:
- I only use 1 molex in my PC. For the side fan. It's attached to a cable with 4 other unused molex which are untidy.
- There is a 5 inch gap between my power supply and my Blu ray drive and a 1.5 foot cable. I have a lot of spare cable.
-I have 1 internal hard drive and it uses 1 power port. It is on a length of 4 other unused power ports.
My boyfriend has a modular power supply so he can have the cables he wants so he doesn't have lots of other spare cables hanging around. Even so,the cables he does have plugged in have the same issue. Too long or short with lots of extra unused connections which look untidy.
I would love a modular power supply which has a better plug in interface than the current ones (the cables are too far apart and it makes tidying impossible) and the ability to specify how long I want the supplied cables to be and a dedicated store to selling custom lengths of cable. I want to be able to buy a 7 inch molex cable with only 1 molex connection
On a similar note; Motherboards.
Most PC innards have the same problem: everything looks good apart from 1 or 2 things. You find another component with those 1 or 2 things but now something else is missing.
My motherboard has everything I want plus a firewire connection I'm NEVER going to use. I should be able to choose to not have that port and save money on the motherboard for no having it. I also want some of the holes for mounts to be somewhere else and the component slots to be elsewhere. A different orientation. Have my graphics card slot coming out the top maybe?
I want to be able to specify if I want more fan ports and more USB headders, more 6G/b SATA ports. Choose what CPU socket and basically customise the entire board.
Enthusiasts and gamers would pay for these boards. It would enable the best hardware to be installed without having useless ports and outdated sockets taking up space.
It would revolutionise boards.
No comments:
Post a Comment